Saturday, May 20, 2006

About This Blog

Welcome to Scott Chytil Photography.

In this blog I will be writing about general photographic topics as well as what it's like being a photographer in this new age of digital technology. I hope you find the topics insightful and useful.

First a little about who I am.

Before I started a photography career I worked at Microsoft for 12 years. Part of my time was spent in the product support group where I got to know the inside of a computer very well. I also learned how to troubleshoot computer and software related issues.

My second job at Microsoft was writing Visual Basic programs for a team that designed and created some of the first and most popular websites at Microsoft. My programs were used internally to enhance productivity and transform and transfer data between various systems the team relied on.

After having enough of Microsoft I went back to school to learn more about photography. I had always been interested in photography and kept wondering how I could do more with it. I attended and graduated from The Art Institute of Seattle's Commercial Photography program.

And here I am. I do architectural and advertising photography with special interests ranging from pinhole photography to alternative processes.

Again I hope you enjoy the content and I look forward to any comments you might have.

Scott Chytil
http://www.chytilphoto.com

No comments: